- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- E-mail Marketing
- What are your data protection rights?
- How to contact us
- Complaints Procedure
1. What data do we collect?
- Cotswold Country Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and security. We will ensure that any information we obtain and use will always be held, used and transferred in compliance with all applicable data protection rules.
- Cotswold Country Ltd collects the following data:
- Personal details and payment.
- Personal details (such as full name and surname);
- Contact details (such as your address, phone number and email address);
- Payment information (such as payment methods, billing address details and other information related to payment. Please note Cotswold Country Ltd does not retain or store credit card, debit card or other confidential payment information);
- Website use and communications.
- Browser information and online identifiers (such as your browser types, browser version host operating system, browser language and your IP address);
- information about your visit to Cotswold Country Ltd’s Site (such as full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clicks to, through and from our site, products viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, lengths of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse overs) and methods used to browse away from the page);
- Aggregated information (such aggregate traffic information collected from your visit to any Cotswold Country Ltd Site);
- Details of any agreement or objection to receiving marketing information from us.
2. How do we collect your data?
- You directly provide Cotswold Country Ltd with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a “newsletter signup” or provide feedback on any of our products and services or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- * If you are placing an order online at Cotswold Country Ltd, in-store or over the telephone with our customer service team. We will never ask you to confirm or supply any account or credit card details via email or text message. If you receive such an email or text message, please do not respond.
3. How will we use your data?
Cotswold Country Ltd collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- When Cotswold Country Ltd processes your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
4. E-mail Marketing
- Cotswold Country Ltd would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies.
- If you have agreed to receive email marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
- You have the right at any time to stop Cotswold Country Ltd from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Our Company Group.
- If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please click here.
- Email communications - Web Beacons (or tracking pixel)
- *When we send you an email it may contain a small snippet of code called a web beacon. A web beacon, sometimes called a tracking pixel as it can be as small as just one pixel in size, allows us to collect certain information about your interaction with the email. Through this web beacon, we may capture your e-mail address and the date/time that you opened or interacted with a html email and record any links you may click. We use the information we collect to understand what emails or services were of interest to you and amalgamate into wider statistics to understand if the campaigns are effective. We also do this to better tailor our messages to you and optimise your HTML email experience.
5. What are your data protection rights?
- Cotswold Country Ltd would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request Cotswold Country Ltd for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Cotswold Country Ltd correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Cotswold Country Ltd erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Cotswold Country Ltd restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Cotswold Country Ltd’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Cotswold Country Ltd transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
Call us at:
+44 (0) 1285 657527
Or write to us:
Cotswold Country Ltd
80, Chesterton Lane
6. How to contact us
Email us at:
+44 (0) 1285 657527
Or write to us at:
Cotswold Country Ltd.
80, Chesterton Lane
Cirencester, Glos. GL7 1YD
7. Customer Complaints Procedure
- If you have a complaint about our organisation, we want to hear about it and we will do our best to put it right.
- Our Customer Complaints Procedure has the following goals:
- To deal with complaints fairly, efficiently and effectively;
- To ensure that all complaints are handled in a consistent manner throughout;
- To use complaints constructively in the planning and improvement of all services.
How to complain
Cotswold Country Ltd would like to sort out any complaint as soon as possible.
Many complaints can be resolved informally. In the first instance contact Cotswold Country Ltd, and, if you feel able, speak to the member of staff who is working with you or ask to speak to their manager, who will try to sort the matter out.
If you make contact in person or by phone, make a note of the name of the person you speak to. If a solution is offered at this point, make a note of this as well.
If you are not satisfied or do not wish an informal solution, you may pursue a formal complaint.
Write down your complaint and send it to:
Tom Hammond - Director
Cotswold Country Ltd
80, Chesterton Lane
Glos. GL7 1YD
What Happens Next?
You will receive acknowledgement of your complaint within 5 working days. You may be contacted to make sure that we have understood your complaint properly. You may be interviewed by the person investigating the complaint.
You will receive a response to your complaint within 28 working days of its receipt. Any extension of this time limit requires your consent.
Does this always happen?
In all cases, a complaint will be given full and fair consideration.
However, if as a result of your complaint, disciplinary proceedings are taken against a member of staff, an internal procedure will apply. You will be informed that disciplinary proceedings have taken place, but as these proceedings are confidential, you will only be informed of the details or outcome of matters outside of this procedure.15
Cotswold Country Ltd reserves the right to alter without any notice period the content and prices found on this website. All items found on the website are subject to availability and although efforts will be made to ensure no stock discrepancies occur in the event of such an occurrence the full cost of the item will be refunded to the card used for the purchase.
Cotswold Country Ltd assumes no responsibility for, and will not be held liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damage arising from the use or access to this website.